If your spouse, dependent or relative deliberately:
- Injures or threatens to injure you
- Damages or threatens to damage your property or your pet
- Treats you indecently without your consent
- Places you in a financially dire situation by restricting funds
- Monitors your every move and every cent you spend
- Intimidates or harasses you
- Repeatedly puts you down
- Isolates you from family, friends and other support
- Or threatens to do any of these things, it is domestic violence.
You can get help from DV LAWYER.
DV LAWYER can help you to apply to a Magistrates Court for a domestic violence protection order to try to stop the violence. The Court will make the order if the Magistrate is convinced that there has been violence and it is likely to occur again.