In cases involving domestic violence, we see many clients where suddenly financial support and/or access to bank accounts are withheld or threatened to be withheld by the abusive partner, child support is being refused to be paid, and in some cases there is an urgent need to relocate and incur establishment costs.

If you are being prevented from having access to joint financial assets and unable to meet normal household expenses, it is time to call DV Lawyer.

You may be eligible to make a claim for a property settlement even if the assets are only in your ex-partner’s name.

  • DV Lawyer can provide you with advice about your entitlement to a property settlement and discuss the prospects of your case with you.

  • DV Lawyer can negotiate on your behalf with your ex-partner and draft Consent Orders should there be an agreement reached.

  • DV Lawyer can assist you lodging any urgent Caveats over property.

  • DV Lawyer can draft and advise on Binding Financial Agreements and Binding Child Support Agreements.

If there is no agreement, we can draft all the required court documents to be filed and represent you all the way to Trial if necessary.

  • We won’t drag it out, we’ll sort it out and we’ll be with you every step of the way.

    Take the first step and Call Us for a Free Consultation.